What are the ingredients of Coca-Cola?
Here’s the list of ingredients in Coca-Cola:
- Carbonated water – Approximately 88 per cent of Coca-Cola is water. The carbonated part is purified carbon dioxide, which gives the drink its “bubbles” or “fizz.”
- Sugar – Coca-Cola Classic’s sweet taste (and also some of its mouthfeel) comes from sugar. Coca-Cola Zero Sugar and Diet Coke are sugar free.
- Caramel colour – A very specific caramel is made especially for Coca-Cola, to give the drink its characteristic colour.
- Phosphoric Acid – The tartness of Coca-Cola comes from the use of phosphoric acid.
- Caffeine – The slight bitterness in the taste of Coca-Cola comes from caffeine
- Natural flavours – The essence of the secret formula of Coca-Cola is its blend of natural flavours. This is the most protected and secret part of the formula