- 6 Ounce thinly cut steak
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 4 Cup dashi stock
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon sake
- 1 Teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped green onions for garnish
- Peel and cut up the potatoes. Roughly chop up the meat. Slice the onion. Chop the ginger finely.
- Sauté the onion and ginger in some oil. Add the meat and sauté till browned.
- Add the potatoes and sauté briefly. Add enough dashi stock to cover. Add the sugar, sake, mirin and soy sauce.
- Add the sesame oil. Bring to a boil, then put a pot lid thats smaller than the pot you are using directly on top of the potatoes.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, until the liquid is much reduced and the potatoes are tender, and infused with a sort of golden color.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and toss around in the pan. Serve immediately.
© 2021 THE