- .25 Cup butter or margaine
- 4 Cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 Can (10.5 oz. each) beef broth (bouillon)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon vinegar
- .12 Teaspoon pepper
- 6 Thick french bread slices
- 6 Teaspoon Grated parmesan cheese
- Total Time: 45 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan; add onions and cook until golden; do not brown.
Add undiluted beef broth, 1 soup can of water,
Coca-Cola, salt, vinegar, and pepper. Cover; simmer 20-25 minutes.
- In a broiler, toast one side of the French bread slices. Turn, generously sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toast until browned.
- Ladle soup into deep bowls and top with toast, cheese side up. Makes about 6 cups or 4 servings.
*To reduce foam for accurate measurement, use