LBR encompasses an extensive range of information, in fulfilling its role as a tribute to the unique achievements of Indians, and is thus divided into several chapters and record categories. Prospective entries under these chapters and categories may fall under any of the following three headings – a record, a piece of information or a unique talent. LBR stands for the pinnacle of excellence in every sphere, both human and natural, that can be qualified in superlatives, including but not limited to the first, last, unique, best, oldest, largest and most.
Entry into LBR and attempt of any record are subject to compliance with the Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) as well as the specific rules and guidelines applicable to each type of record attempt (the “Attempt”). Individuals interested in attempting to set or break a record are requested to study these Terms and the specific rules and guidelines applicable to the Attempt and sign the Disclaimer Form before the commencement of any Attempt in order to be considered for inclusion in the LBR.
LBR is published by
To be eligible for consideration by the editors of LBR (“LBR Team”) for a successful Attempt, the person undertaking an Attempt (“Participant”) must fulfil the following conditions:
- Participant should be a resident Indian, NRI or PIO.
- The Participant must have read and consented to the Terms, the specific rules and guidelines applicable to the Attempt, and must have signed and submitted the Disclaimer Form before undertaking the Attempt.
- The Participant must fall in one of the three specified age groups, as specified below, and must adhere to the eligibility criteria of that age group and each Attempt must be corroborated by a valid proof of age:
- Age Group I – 0 years to 12 years
- Age Group II – 13 years to 18 years
- Age Group III – Above 18 years
Age Group I:
- To be eligible for an Attempt in this category the Participant undertaking the Attempt must be born on or after January 01, 2002 and must be twelve (12) years of age or below at the time of Attempt.
- Consent from a parent or legal guardian must be submitted, after such parent or legal guardian has read the Terms as provided and has read and signed the Disclaimer Form. The concerned parent or legal guardian, as the case may be, must have read and explained the specific rules applicable to that category of Attempt to the Participant.
- Certain categories of records may not be permitted for Participants from this age group, as may be notified by CCIPL and/or LBR from time to time.
- No endurance related activities will be entertained as Attempts under this age group. These include, without limitation, endurance cycling, endurance running, endurance riding and muscular endurance activities. Any Attempt that is detrimental to a child’s health, or is potentially dangerous, or is in violation of any law in force, shall not be considered for entry in LBR and is strongly discouraged.
Age Group II:
- A Participant undertaking an Attempt under this age group must be born between January 01, 1996 to June 30, 2001, and must be older than thirteen (13) years of age and younger than or eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the Attempt.
- Consent from a parent or legal guardian must be submitted, after such parent or legal guardian has read the Terms as provided and consented to the same. The parent or legal guardian is also required to have read and consented to the Disclaimer Form and any other rules specified in relation to the category of Attempt, before any undertaking of the Attempt.
- Certain categories of records may not be permitted for Participants from this age group, as may be notified by CCIPL and/or LBR from time to time.
- Attempts that are detrimental to the health of such persons, or that are potentially dangerous, or that are in violation of any law in force, will not be accepted for entry in LBR.
Age Group III:
- The Participant must be above eighteen (18) years of age.
- All such Participants must have carefully read and consented to the Terms, the specific rules and guidelines set forth in regards the Attempt, and must have signed the Disclaimer Form before engaging in the Attempt.
CHAPTERS AND CATEGORIES
LBRreserves the right to include or exclude any chapter or category and is under no obligation to publish all or any of the listed chapters or categories in LBR or any of its publications. The list provided herein is only for explanatory reasons, and for the clarity of persons seeking to engage in an Attempt. Further, the following list only consists of chapters and categories that have been published in the previous editions and is non–exhaustive. LBR may, at its sole discretion, include additional chapters or categories, delete a chapter or category, or even merge two or more chapters or categories as the LBR Team deems appropriate. Any such addition, deletion or merger of chapters or categories, creates no obligation on the LBR Team’s and/or CCIPL’s part to inform any person making an Attempt of such addition, deletion or merger.
- CINEMA – This chapter contains records and information related to the Indian film industry. The records related to national and regional commercial and art cinema is based on information collected from the National Film Archive of India (NFAI), internet, magazines and national newspapers. The records about box office collection are collected from the website www.boxofficeindia.com, the standard source in India used for collecting such details. Individual record claims are required to follow the basic criteria laid down. i. The films should have been cleared by the CBFC and given a censor certificate. ii. The film should be screened at film festivals or at public auditoriums.
- ADVENTURE – This chapter may be divided into various sections, including, and not limited to aero-sports, mountaineering, road expeditions, water sports, ultra-marathons and other adventure activities. A person undertaking an Attempt under this category may seek the LBR Team’s guidance for specific guidelines if any. Potential entrants are advised to note that such guidelines or safety advice provided by the LBR Team shall merely be explanatory, non–exhaustive and will not create any responsibilities or liabilities on behalf of the LBR Team and/or CCIPL, whatsoever.
- COMMUNICATIONS – This chapter contains records and information related to the broad field of communications and may be divided in to four sections – (a) Telecom, (b) Internet, (c) Print and (d) Post and Philately. Participants willing to undertake an Attempt under this chapter must ensure compliance with the specific guidelines provided.
- RADIO – This chapter consists of only records pertaining to the radio and radio communications.
- TELEVISION – This chapter consists of only records related to television.
- LITERATURE – This chapter contains records and information from the field of literature. Participants willing to undertake an Attempt under this chapter must ensure compliance with the basic criteria laid down. i. Only published works, self-published not included, will be considered. ii. No long ghazals/ poems or rewriting of religious texts will be considered.
- PAINTING – This chapter contains records and information related to paintings. Information is collected from newspapers, magazines and internet and any other verified source. Individual record claims may be submitted for consideration under this chapter. However no miniature paintings in any medium will be considered.
- MEDICAL SCIENCES – This chapter contains records and information from the field of medical sciences.
- GOVERNMENT – This chapter contains information and records. This category may include, but shall not be limited to such subjects as nationhood, parties, elections, parliament, states, administration, civics, judiciary, law and order. Individual record claims may be submitted for consideration under this chapter. Candidates shall provide proof of the record, including authentication letters from independent observers including a competent authority at the national level.
- THE ARMED FORCES - The chapter contains records and information pertaining to all the branches of the armed forces. This chapter does not accept entries and is compiled by the LBR team.
- TRANSPORT – This chapter contains records and information and the sections under this chapter may include road, rail, water and air transport. Candidates who claim records under any of these sections shall provide evidence of the same, including authentication letters from independent observers and experts.
- BUSINESS – This chapter contains records and information and the sections under this chapter may include, but shall not be limited to, economy, stocks, banking, industry, service, workforce, etc. Candidates who claim records under any of these sections shall provide proof of the same, including authentication letters from independent observers including at least one expert in the field.
- AGRICULTURE – The chapter contains records and information and the sections under this chapter may include, but shall not be limited to agricultural crops, farm machinery, milk and milk products, poultry, animal sciences, fisheries and research. Candidates shall provide proof of the record, including authentication letters from independent observers and experts.
- DEVELOPMENT – The chapter is purely informative. Inspiring stories are picked up from e-mails, newspapers, magazines and TV reports. The selection of such stories shall be at the sole discretion of LBR. The authenticity of all such stories is verified by NGOs, government bodies, literacy missions, Rotary, Lions Clubs and others.
- NATURE – This chapter contains information and records and the entries are compiled from emails and reports in magazine and newspapers available to LBR. Information related to flora and fauna is verified with nature conservation authorities, well-known wildlife institutions and directors of national parks and sanctuaries. All claims related to rain water harvesting and pollution control are strictly counter checked.
- HUMAN STORY – This chapter contains records, talents and information and is a celebration of unique achievements, uncommon talents and other human feats that depict India at her best. Potential entrants under this category are required to not break any laws, and must sign and submit the Disclaimer Form at least one month prior to the Attempt. LBR strongly discourages any Attempt that is likely to cause harm or be of nuisance to the general public, or is likely to cause unnecessary waste of essential goods or resources, or is likely to harm the environment. Specific rules to be complied with for Attempts under this chapter.
- SPORTS – The Sports section of the LBR contains, primarily, records, sports-related statistics and information. It is prepared by independent consultants, people who are well established journalists and authorities in particular sports. The consultants are the final authority on all records under this chapter. The deadline for receiving entries for this chapter is subject to change as and when decided by the consultants. Individual record claims may be submitted for consideration under this chapter.
PROCEDURE FOR ATTEMPT
LBR recognises two types of Attempts – (i) an Attempt to break a previously existing record; and (ii) an Attempt to set a new record. The following procedure must be followed by any person willing to undertake an Attempt to be considered for entry in LBR:
- An application by the person attempting the record should be either emailed to email@example.com or couriered/ mailed to The Editor, Limca Book of Records, C/o
Coca-ColaIndia, Enkay Towers, Udyog Vihar V, Gurgaon – 122016, Haryana. Such application should contain details regarding the unique achievement, or proposal to set a record, for the consideration of LBR team, along with the complete address and contact number of the person attempting the same, at least one (1) month before the Attempt in order to avoid disqualification on technicalities. For specific requirements in the procedure for Attempt please refer to section III of these Terms..
- The person undertaking the Attempt must approach the LBR Team regarding the proper procedure and information or documents required for consideration of a successful Attempt.
- On completion of an Attempt, the Participant must provide the LBR Team a detailed and accurate documentation, as required by the LBR Team, and these shall be scrutinized by the LBR Team.
- All entries to an edition are confirmed only after the deadline, i.e., the last date for submission of entries. Any entry made after such a date may be considered for a subsequent edition of LBR.
- On confirmation of an entry, a certificate shall be mailed to the person who carried out the successful Attempt. Such certificates shall be sent after the particular edition for which the Attempt has been considered is printed or released.
- For all Attempts to be undertaken, the person undertaking such an Attempt must sign and submit the Disclaimer Form provided by the LBR Team, prior to the Attempt. The acceptance of any application for entry in LBR shall be conditional on the signing and adherence to the Disclaimer Form, the Terms and any other specific rules and guidelines established by LBR in relation to a particular category of Attempt.
- All applications must be sent to the following addresses:
Limca Book of Records
Flat No 208, Enkay Towers
Vanijya Kunj, Udyog Vihar – V
Gurgaon – 122016
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The primary application shall consist of the following:
- Name of the Participant;
- Complete postal address of the Participant;
- Contact details of the Participant;
- Description of the record the Participant wishes to apply for; and
- Event plan.
- These applications shall be perused by the concerned person in LBR Team, as per the sections assigned, and further correspondence shall take place between the Participant and the LBR Team member.
- On acceptance of the initial application, the general guidelines and record specific guidelines shall be emailed or couriered to the Participant along with the procedure and documentation required.
- On receipt of the correspondence from a member of the LBR Team, the Participant shall send the following documents (in hard copy) to the postal address mentioned in paragraph 1 above -
- A covering letter stating the Attempt details;
- A signed copy of the Disclaimer Form sent to the Participant;
- A self-attested copy of the Participant’s government approved identity proof (such as passport, voter ID card, PAN card etc.);
- A self-attested copy of the Participant’s government approved age proof (such as passport, birth certificate, ration card etc.)
(together the “Required Documents”).
- On authentication and verification of the Required Documents, the Participant shall obtain a confirmation from the LBR Team to proceed with the Attempt.
- After completing the Attempt in accordance with the provisions of section IV and collecting evidence of the Attempt in accordance with the provisions of section VI, the Participant shall send the following to claim a record:(the “Claim”):
- Details of the supposed record, duly authenticated by Gazetted officers, or relevant public authorities, or relevant authorities in charge or other competent authorities. Such authentication must be on the basis of personal verification of every detail of the claim.
- Material evidence of the event, consisting of all the evidence collected by the Participant during the Attempt. (All CDs sent to the LBR Team, as part of the application process, should have the Participant’s name and the record category written legibly on it.)
- A Claim which is successfully submitted shall be considered for entry in the LBR.
- The application procedure should be completed within the last date of submission. Entries submitted after deadline can however be considered for the subsequent edition.
- In addition to the aforementioned rules, specific requirements provided under the relevant categories must be fulfilled.
- The onus of proving a record is on the Participant. The Claim, signed by the Participant, should be backed by adequate and satisfactory documentation without which it will not be accepted.
- The Participant must, as part of the verification process, submit all supporting documents including at least two authentication letters (originals) on stamp paper, photographs (or CD containing still photos), personal details of the Participant, including residential address and contact details, along with a covering letter, without which the Claim will not be considered for entry.
- The moral rights, copyright and any other intellectual property rights in and to any such material evidence shall, to be extent permitted by law, be waived unconditionally by the Participant.
- The evidence must only be sent after the Required Documents have been verified and the primary application has been confirmed.
- Only the Claim may be supplemented by evidence of the record.
- In addition to the documents mentioned in Section V (7), which are necessary, other corollary evidences of the Attempt for the purpose of the Claim includes:
- Press clippings of local, national or international newspapers, or press cuttings, or the news report in an electronic form, furnishing direct evidence of the record; or,
- Audio tapes of the radio, tape recorded cassettes or any such fact of record which could be heard, furnishing direct evidence of the record; or,
- Video tapes of the record attempt on DVD, or CD Rom, or any such fact of record which could on DVD, or CD Rom video, furnishing direct evidence of the record; or,
- CDs of any such fact of record which may be in audio, visual or audio-visual format, furnishing direct evidence of the record; or
- Photographs of any such fact of record documented by photographs furnishing direct evidence of the record. [It is advisable to get pictures 1500 pixels wide for horizontal images and 1500 pixels tall for vertical images].
- If any of the above mentioned evidence is in a local language, it must be sent along with an attested copy of an English translation of the said document.
- The evidence must be clear, distinct and unambiguous.
- LBR reserves the right to refuse the entry if, evidence sufficient to prove the record act beyond reasonable doubt, is not furnished.
- For categories where specific evidence is required, kindly refer to the respective category, mentioned in this document, for the requirements.
- The material evidence provided by the Participant shall not be returned.
- Wherever possible, a person from the LBR Team may also visit for verification. In such cases also, the evidence shall be sent along with the Claim.
- In case of records where giant structures are put in place or super-size objects are involved, the measurements shall be taken in the presence of one the members of the LBR Team or LBR approved observers.
- Each Attempt must be categorised within one of the chapters or categories listed under section III. However LBR reserves the right, to be exercised at its sole and absolute discretion, to accept entries related to (i) landmark achievements by individuals, organisations, government bodies etc.; (ii) outstanding stories of courage and patriotism; (iii) informative stories reflecting both the greatness of India and the progress she makes; (iv) inspiring acts/personalities; (v) interesting trivia about the Indian way of life; and (vi) entries that are of general interest to the public in the opinion of the LBR Team.
- Records must be absolute and not technical offshoots and they must be quantifiable, comparable and measureable. For instance, in a typing record, it is assumed that typing refers to its generally accepted meaning. However one-finger or two-finger typing will not be registered as separate records.
- No entry shall be considered valid unless the entry is sent, along with the required evidence, in the manner prescribed in section V above.
- LBR reserves the right to publish or delete any chapter, section, category or record in the present or any future edition of LBR, without any notice to the Participants. LBR is under no obligation to inform record holders when a record may be dropped. Such decisions shall be the sole prerogative of the LBR Team in the larger continuing interest of the book.
- Records shall be considered for publishing only on the grounds of its interest value and general public acceptance.
- LBR will not consider potentially dangerous record attempts by Participants, particularly those belonging to Age Group I, being below twelve (12) years of age.
- Further, no entries in violation of any law, rule, regulation, guideline or any other statutory instrument shall be accepted.
- Entries for the new edition of LBR will be confirmed only after the annual deadline, which is usually 30 June.
- In all matters pertaining to the ‘Limca Book of Records’, the LBR Team and/or CCIPL’s decision shall be final and binding.
It is mandatory for Participants to abide by all local, state and national laws, rules and regulations applicable in relation to the Attempt. LBR expressly prohibits any Attempt that involves violation of any local, state or national laws, rules or regulations. Participants are under an obligation to ensure that all activities related to the Attempt, are neither unlawful, nor against public decency and morality. Participants must note that LBR strongly discourages Attempts that are likely to cause harm to the public or animals, or cause any damage to the environment and are requested to refrain from such Attempts.
Participants shall bear sole responsibility for any consequences arising out of any non-compliance with any applicable laws, rules or regulations insofar as they relate to the Attempt. LBR shall not be liable for any harm caused to the public or the environment in the course of the Attempt, and LBR shall not be responsible for any non-compliance with any applicable local, state or national laws, rules and regulations insofar as they relate to the Attempt.
The Participant is requested to take all reasonable safety precautions prior to the Attempt including, but not limited to, the testing of all equipment used for the Attempt, the utilisation of prescribed safety equipment in relation to the Attempt, the presence of requisite medical personnel and treatment facilities, and any applicable safety permits required under local, state or national laws, rules and regulations.
The Participant understands that the Attempt may be dangerous to him, other Participants and spectators, and that they must identify such risks, with the help of professional advice, such as the risk of accident, illness, paralysis, injury, loss, or death which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known and unknown. The Participant knowingly and freely assumes all such risks, both known and unknown, and assumes full personal responsibility for the Attempt and its consequences.
The Participant shall bear sole responsibility for taking all such safety precautions and acknowledge that CCIPL, the LBR Team and/or their respective directors, officers, appointed representatives or agents shall not, in any manner whatsoever, be responsible for making any safety arrangements for the Attempt.
The Participants undertake and irrevocably and unconditionally permit CCIPL and LBR to cover any Attempt through various media including newspapers, radio, television including news and other channels, internet, etc., and shall not raise any objection, protest or demur whatsoever to such coverage or in this regard.
Whilst LBR shall make all reasonable efforts, there is no obligation on the part of LBR to air or otherwise engage in publicizing any Attempt. The Participants must, at the request of CCIPL/ LBR, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) in relation to a successful Attempt, free of charge, and they consent to CCIPL and LBR using their name and image in all promotional materials.
LICENSE TO USE NAME, IMAGE, LIKENESS, RECORD
Participants hereby grant in perpetuity to CCIPL and LBR, its authorised agents, successors and assigns, the worldwide license to use the name, image, likeness, pictures, video recording, audio recordings, etc., of the Participants in relation to any Attempts undertaken by the Participants (the “Licensed Property”).Participants agree and grant to CCIPL the right to use any element of the Licensed Property for any purpose in connection with LBR, including but not limited to, the publication and distribution of LBR, the promotion of LBR, CCIPL, and any of its divisions or products, and the filing of copyright, trademark and other similar registrations in relation to LBR that involve the Licensed Property.
All material submitted in connection with a potential entry in LBR (whether written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of Participants are assigned to LBR and CCIPL upon submission and become the property of LBR and CCIPL exclusively. LBR and CCIPL may use the material in any medium in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material remains the sole property of LBR and CCIPL.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The name ‘Limca’ and the ‘Limca’ logo are registered trademarks of The
All right, title and interest, including but not limited to the Intellectual Property Rights, in LBR and in any and all entries received shall vest solely and exclusively with CCIPL at all times. CCIPL or any person or entity permitted by CCIPL in this regard shall be entitled to use any information in connection with the entry in any media for future promotional, marketing, publicity and any other purpose, without any permission and or payment to the Participant.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL ASSOCIATED COSTS AND INSURANCE
The Participant understands and acknowledges that all expenses incurred in relation to the Attempt shall be borne solely by the Participant. CCIPL and/or LBR Team shall in no manner be responsible for reimbursing any expenses incurred in the course of the Attempt, or even in the event that the Participant is successful at the Attempt. CCIPL/ LBR shall not be responsible for providing any kind of insurance in relation to any Attempt, and shall not be responsible for any emergency medical expenses or any subsequent medical expenses in the event of any incident/accident, illness or incapacity, arising out of the Attempt.
WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY
Participants acknowledge and consent on behalf of themselves, their heirs, successors, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, to WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AND RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the LBR Team, CCIPL, its directors, officers, employees and representatives, and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their respective directors officers, employees, and representatives, (the “Released Parties”),WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, DEATH, or loss or damage to person, property or reputations, arising out of the Attempt, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Participants agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees and other litigation costs and expenses) incurred by any of the Released Parties as a result of any claims or suits that the Participant (or anyone claiming by, under or through the Participant) may bring against any of the Released Parties to recover any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, or expenses which arise during or result from the Attempt.
Each of the provisions contained in these Terms is considered to be reasonable by CCIPL, LBR and the Participants and each clause, sub-clause paragraph and sub-paragraph shall be construed as independent of any other provision. If any provision of these Terms proves to be invalid, void or illegal it shall not in any way affect, impair or invalidate any other provision and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
The courts of competent jurisdiction at Gurgaon shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any and all disputes arising out of, or in connection with, any Attempt undertaken or entry made for the purpose of LBR.
Further all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms, or the rights and obligations of the Participants and/or CCIPL and/or partners of LBR, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India.
Note: For specific guidelines all Participants are requested to contact the LBR Team by email.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR PROSPECTIVE ATTEMPTS
For limbo skating records: Only the distance covered will be taken into consideration and the height of the bars have to be fixed at 7 inch.
For young children: No marathon records or dangerous records will be considered for children. They can attempt records in mental math, collection and Rubik’s cube.
The pre-approved categories as follows:Major categories:
- Mental Maths (without using pen and paper)
- Calculation (using pen and paper)
Spoken or visual or flashing numbers (for calculation purpose) will be considered as Mental math.
Both the Major categories have the following sub - categories for attempting records:
- Five min event: The participant will be given 5 min to attempt the event. The time will be the major bench mark for making and breaking records.
- Marathon event: The participants sets the quantum of calculations for attempting the record. The time will not be considered for attempting a new record. However, for breaking the record in this category both time and the quantum will be considered as parameters.
- Sprint event: The participant will be given 1 minute to attempt a record. Time cut off will be the major bench mark for breaking the records.
The potential record holders must attempt from the approved categories only.
The age criteria are U-18 and above 18 only.
The documents submitted / record attempted will not be considered on their face value and will be only considered for review after the team approves it. Calculations with or without decimals will be considered same.
The following events will NOT BE CONSIDERED for records:
- Multiplication and division by a single digit
- Writing / speaking of multiplication tables
- Squaring of 1, 2, 3 digits
- Multiplication of 2 digit numbers
- Any record attempt with even a single error
- Multiple claims under the same category
Additional pointers to remember before sending the documentation or claims:
- Do not send any documents unless requested by the LBR Team post approval.
- Do not send any documentation if your event has not been approved for consideration by the LBR Team.
- The documents received by LBR for events which are not pre-approved through email will not be reviewed by the LBR team.
Youngest category: The youngest category has been dropped. The only exceptional case is sports and any other reputed competitions where there is a quantifiable group.
The age categories are specified only to ensure that no records are created against the law (for eg: driving at ages not qualified for) and to ensure that minors do not try to attempt records that require excessive physical exertions (like marathons events or climbing high mountains) which can be detrimental to their health.
A NOTE FOR PAST, PRESENT & POTENTIAL RECORD HOLDERS
The name Limca and the Limca logo are registered trademarks of The
When records are being attempted, it is not obligatory LBR Team to provide invigilators. However, where possible they may do so.
All attempts at breaking old records and setting new ones are undertaken entirely at the risk of the claimant. Neither the LBR Team and/or CCIPL can be held responsible by the (potential) record maker or third party for any liability that may arise out of such an attempt.
We reserve the right to decide what chapters, sections, photographs, categories and records to publish or delete in future editions. We will not consider potentially dangerous record attempts by minors or any attempt that violates a law.
LBR strives to be completely authentic. However, it sometimes happens that an earlier record may come to light after the book is released. In such cases corrections/ updates will be carried out in the next edition or as deemed fit by the LBR Team.
Records that are ‘firsts’ are not entitled to perpetuity and can be dropped without any prior intimation. For reasons of space or any other reasons whatsoever, a confirmed entry may also be dropped. Editors may inform the claimant of the change in status but are not bound to do so. Such decisions are the sole prerogative of the Editor in the larger continuing interest of the book.
The record holders are not entitled to any prize money, gift/s or free copies of LBR.
In all matters pertaining to Limca Book of Records, the Editor’s decision is final.