147.png

Scinde Dawk (Provincial), India’s first half anna+E130 stamp, was issued with the help of Edward Lees Coffey, the Postmaster of Karachi on 1 July 1852 in Scinde District, Karachi (now in Pakistan). It was embossed on circular red wafers, used as seals on letters, with the East India Company emblem and the legend Scinde District Dawk around the circumference. They were withdrawn on 30 September 1854.