India Advisory Board (IAB)
The India Advisory Board (IAB) is the foremost advisory body within CCIPL. The IAB is ably led by its Chairman Mr. Naresh Chandra, who is a former Cabinet Secretary –Government of India and a former Indian Ambassador to the United States. Mr. Naresh Chandra has headed several Committees constituted by the Government of India including one on Corporate Governance and Civil Aviation. He was awarded the country’s second highest civilian award – ‘Padma Vibhushan’ in 2007. He is an Independent Director on the Boards of several well -known companies in India.
The IAB guides the management on various operational and environment-related matters to help formulate short and long term strategies. The IAB meets two - three times a year and reviews the performance of the Company in India. Other members of the Board include champions of the Indian Industry like
- Mr. Deepak Parekh (Chairman HDFC Limited)
- Mr. SK Munjal (MD – Hero Corporate Services Limited)
- General VP Malik (Former Chief of the Indian Army)
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan (Eminent Musician)
- Ms. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (CMD Biocon Limited).