Skills sessions will include retail training to kirana store operators and quality & services training to food service outlet operators
Mumbai, September 22, 2016: Coca-Cola University, which runs skill training programs for traditional trade (kirana store) retailers, today announced that it aims to train 350,000 people by December 2017 in the areas of grocery and convenience store retailing and in food services. The training module will be a mix of classroom training and in the
While CCU has been training kirana retailers under its “Parivartan” program for the last 8 years, the module on quality and food services is being launched this year. Called “Parivartan E&D”, the training module has been designed by
The training module will focus on the owners and employers at dhabas and other small food service outlets and street food vendors, mostly in the unorganized sector. According to the National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) projections, the unorganized segment within the food services industry is expected to be a USD 45 BN market by 2021. This segment is expected to provide direct employment to 50% of the projected workforce of 8.7 million people by 2021.
The training and up-skilling of 3,50,000 people by
Announcing this at the India Retail Forum 2016 event, Mr. Sameer Wadhawan, Vice President, HR and Services,
The 5 pillars of Parivartan E&D
Coca-Cola University certified trainers will conduct three hour long trainings through presentations, live-examples as well as through videos, in regional languages. They will focus on:
- Food quality and Hygiene: Maintaining a clean and hygienic environment for consumers to enjoy their meal. E.g. closed drains, to dustbins, to washing dishes with soap, to wearing proper uniforms and gloves while making food.
- Clean atmosphere: Creating a welcoming and clean environment to attract consumers. E.g. neat sign boards, to proper and separate toilets for ladies and gentleman, to adequate lighting and friendly staff etc.
- Customer Satisfaction: Pay attention to what the customer wants and do something extra. E.g. Mobile charging facility, eating room for drivers, proper menu boards, range of food beverages, clean drinking water facilities
- Customization of Food: Catering to specific needs of customers in terms of food preparations: E.g. the spice and taste of the food, the quality and temperature etc.
- Customer Interaction: Taking care of customers so they become repeat customers. E.g. ask for feedback, do not play loud music, tell them about new combos or special offers available etc.
Details on Parivartan – the Retailer Training Porgram
“Parivartan” – the retailer training program of
Parivartan is open to all retailers and not only retailers who stock
Over the years the Company has innovated the program to impact greater number of retailers and different channels. It also launched a first of its kind training delivery innovation; Parivartan on IVR (Interactive Voice Response). Using this platform any retailer could dial into a toll- free number to take Parivartan lessons from the comfort of his/her home.
Coca-Cola India is one of the country’s leading beverage companies, offering a range of healthy, safe, high quality, refreshing beverage options to consumers. Since its re-entry in 1993, the company has been refreshing consumers with its beverage products –