Partners with the Government and GEM Enviro Management to recycle PET waste generated
Rajahmundry: 23rd July, 2015: Reaffirming its commitment towards the environment and sustainability,
GEM Enviro has installed a special baling machine to compact the PET captured through the process. The baled PET is then transported out to a recycling facility to be processed for further usage. The local administration was instrumental in ensuring the PET packages were picked through its vast network of staff that was deployed for cleaning up the area. The task of segregating used PET packages through the special dustbins installed helped the cleaning staff in ensuring maximum collection.
Coca-Cola India in addition to supporting PET collection and baling has also placed over 150 direction signage with messages about keeping the city clean in and around the Godavari Pushkaralu.
Speaking at the occasion, Dr. S.B.P.P.Rammohan, Jt. Managing Director, Sri Sarvaraya Sugars Ltd. said, “The concept of sustainable development is at the heart of our business. Being an integral part of the community here at Rajahmundry, we have continuously been striving to create lasting positive impacts on the communities we proudly serve. This initiative taken jointly with GEM Enviro and local administration is yet another step that we take to fulfil our larger goal of keeping environment clean.
“We need to take it upon ourselves to contribute in our own small way to the cause of the environment and take steps both individually and collectively to secure the environment for the future.” he added.
Dinesh Pareek, Director, GEM Enviro Management Pvt. Ltd., said, “It has always been our quest to ensure that a valuable PET, post usage, is recycled for betterment of environment. Together with
About GEM Enviro Management Private Limited
GEM Enviro Management Pvt. Ltd. (“GEM”) is a Company formed to facilitate recycling of all kinds of packaging waste and thus contribute towards cleaner and greener environment. This primarily involves the following activities:
• Creating awareness regarding source segregation and recycling of various kind of waste in an environmental friendly manner.
• Collection and Recycling of industrial/institutional waste.
• Forming JV’s or tie-ups with industry for collection and recycling of post-consumer waste.
• Promoting products made of recycled materials.
• Provide Consultancy/Turnkey solutions to companies to handle their waste under EPR i.e. Extended Producer Responsibility.
• Provide Consultancy/Turnkey solutions to corporates to full-fill their corporate social responsibility (CSR) in a most effective and beneficial manner to society.
• Managing events in association with corporates to spread awareness regarding recycling.
• Promote Green Earth Movement