Launch a year-long volunteer program to beat plastic waste
Mumbai, September 28, 2019: Adopting a collaborative approach towards waste management,
Commenting on the volunteer program, Afroz Shah, said, “Waste management is a global environment concern. To see a real change at the ground level, a collaborative and consistent effort is required to clear the waste out of our environment sustainably. Towards this, our endeavor is to create a sense of belonging in the hearts and minds of people by engaging citizens, students and corporate though a volunteer program to beat plastic pollution as well as suggest ways for a circular economy.”
Launching the project, Afroz Shah led 500 school children, AIESEC volunteers,
Speaking on the occasion, Devik Sodha, President, AIESEC India, said, “We at AIESEC truly believe that leadership is one of the fundamental solution to the world issues. We place our confidence in youth as the key to unlock a better future and believe that it is the responsibility of the youth to actively engage in protecting the environment as well as bringing behavioral change in society. AIESEC is committed to support the Afroz Shah led initiative by providing volunteer leadership to the community efforts and empower the next-gen community leaders.”
Mr. Ishteyaque Amjad, Vice-President, Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability,
As part of this program, every week Afroz Shah along with volunteers will do their bit by:
- Cleaning Danapaani beach, Versova Beach, SGNP Forest & River Mithi.
- Train people living in the human-ocean conflict zone and on the banks of River Mithi to get Circular economy in their lives
- Train people living in the human-animal conflict zone at Sanjay Gandhi national park, Borivali to get Circular economy in their lives
- 4Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse & Recycle - Monetize plastic and no litter
- Involve youth organization AIESEC, students and young leaders to contribute every week
- Involve plastic industries in implementing Extended Producer’s Responsibility (EPR)
Coca-Cola in India is one of the country’s leading beverage companies, offering a range of healthy, safe, high quality, refreshing beverage options to consumers. Since its re-entry in 1993, the company has been refreshing consumers with its beverage products –
For further information on the company's India operations and its products, please visit: www.coca-colaindia.com and www.hindustancoca-cola.com. Follow us on twitter at twitter.com/CocaCola_Ind, or on facebook.