LOCATION:Pune, India - IND
JOB TYPE:FULL TIME
POST END DATE:September 8 - 2019
TRAVEL REQUIRED:00% - 25%
This role is a Finance Leader role for India CPS Operations.
The incumbent will have overall responsibility for the finance function in CPS India plant, including full P&L management, budgeting, planning, reporting, financial analysis, business partnering, internal controls, ensuring strong service levels from finance service provider and people development. Full responsibility for financial accounting, tax & treasury compliance and governance. Provide commercial leadership in manufacturing environment including leading projects to ensure most optimal supply chain cost. Also play role as Deputy LEO in CPS India. Key member of CPS India Management team and CPS Asia Finance Leadership Team.
• People Management - Plan and supervise finance departmental work and do staff appraisals and development plans. Adjust organization to cope with evolving business needs
• Commercial leadership - Act as business partner to plant management teams and provide value added financial perspective to all significant business decisions
• Stakeholders collaboration - Proactively maintain and grow partnership with Business Unit Finance and other Functions
• Manage P&L - Ensure manufacturing accounting implemented to CPS guidelines and ensure expenditures within budgets
• Manage financial general accounting
• Manage planning and budgeting (Monthly RE, Region Standards, Business Plan)
• Ensure Plant meets standards of internal controls as required by CAD
• Ensure Plant complies with statutory and taxation requirements
• Financial analysis as required
• Act as Deputy Local Ethics Compliance Officer
Key member of the CPS India Leadership team with the following functions:
- Manage the overall financial operations of the plants and ensure finance is strongly represented in all key plant management decisions.
- Develop strategies and business plans for the operations and provide commercially oriented finance leadership in key plant projects.
- Develop financial policies which ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the plant including the execution of finance internal controls in finance and the plant.
- Establish the appropriate high-performance culture and work environment in finance.
- Manage P&L and OpEx for CPS CR embedding a culture of productivity and an OE mind-set.
- Management of internal controls and governance requirements, including any external tax and free trade zone reporting requirements.
Lead and manage all aspects of plant financial operations, including:
- Report on the financial performance of the operations to CPS Finance and CPS site and global leadership teams. Thus ensuring all financial accounting for the plant is completed to CPS / Corporate requirements and deadlines
- Plan for, monitor, and control budgeted costs while proactively identifying and transparently communications, Risks and Opportunities; drive initiatives to capture Opportunities / mitigate Risks and grow productivity.
- Ensure monthly rolling estimate submitted following CPS guidelines and deadlines
- Ensure value added analysis and narratives are completed for all major variances and issues are followed-up and resolved
- Lead regular routines to share financials with plant management Team and drive corrective measures where necessary
- Ensure P&L and B/S are reflecting true picture of Operations
- Ensure suppliers are paid on time
- Proactively work with Global Business Services to ensure transactional and financial accounting service delivery model is efficient, robust and evolves to meet business needs
- Proactively work with Corporate Treasury to ensure cash management procedures are in place and evolving to meet business needs
- Manage balance sheet
- Lead relationship with external auditors and tax authorities
Manage Annual Planning Process:
Manage all BP, Region Standards, P&L and balance sheet processes and presentations, ensuring timely adherence to deadlines with quality analysis.
Manage timetable for Business plan submissions and communicate to Plant management/planning/procurement staff
Work with Plant GM / Plant management team to ensure key inputs are prepared and approved within CPS guidelines / deadlines
Prepare detailed analysis to assist communication with Business Unit
Manage Inventory and Capital Expenditures
Primary responsibility for the management of plant inventory balances including cycle counting, processing inventory adjustments, and obsolescence monitoring.
Take a lead role in the capital expenditure review routines with key plant and CPS stakeholders with an Economic Profit/ROIC view of capital.
Manage Internal Controls and Lead Accountability Mindset
- Ensure internal controls are in place to protect the organization against any negative financial exposure, safeguard financial and physical assets and to meet strict Company and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and regulations.
- Primary responsibility for the control and governance of plant assets including asset verification, obsolescence monitoring, and timely capitalisation.
- Coordinate both internal (CAD) and external audits in conjunction with Control & Compliance (C&C) Manager.
- Ensure compliance with Company and CPS DOA in all aspects
- Maintain local COA and ensure compliance to it
- Build and sustain control savvy culture within the plant Operations
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of Balance sheet reconciliations and take prompt actions to close the overdue items
- Review various reports and act promptly to close open issues
Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement
- Coordinate Operational Excellence initiatives in Finance to implement process improvements and standardization of processes across the Cairo site finance team and CPS finance. Provide finance support to other Operational Excellence initiatives in the plant. Ensure financial benefits and ramifications of OE initiatives and projects are captured adequately in rolling estimate forecasts and other productivity tracking tools.
- Identify opportunities to improve and optimize processes with the GBS/GFO organization (whether currently performed at CPS or in GBS/GFO) such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Treasury. Resolve all outstanding service delivery issues with GBS/GFO in line with SLA and accountability matrices.
- Actively seeks opportunities to standardize and scale finance processes across the plant, CPS, and within the broader KO global finance function.
Business Partnership and Financial Leadership
- Participate as key business leader within plant management team; Provide a value-added, commercially focused finance perspective to all significant business decisions including supply point shifts.
- Coach plant management team to improve understanding of plant financials, legal entity finance issues, and promote understanding of financial aspects of plant operational issues.
- Participate in and drive improvements to services provided by GFO as well as supply chain processes including S&OP and commercialisation.
- Lead projects to reduce total plant OpEx spend / create value, influencing all stakeholders to ensure savings can be delivered, including Zero Based Work.
- Support in building value-added finance relationships with BU, bottler finance, and supply chain teams.
- Ensure appropriate levels of interaction with CPS and BU finance teams to deliver the required support to the operation in a variety of areas including inventory, customer services and operations.
Statutory Compliances :
- Ensure all related tax and statutory compliances are adhered to
- Ensure timely deposit of taxes to Authorities
- Ensure timely and quality submission of all statutory submissions
- Ensure Company's interests while dealing with Government personnel while complying with local rules and regulations
Define and build finance team and processes:
- Supervision of the finance department personnel, including performance management, setting development plans and objectives.
- Develop capability of plant finance associates to be business partners within the organization; provide professional development opportunities to associates within and outside the finance organization.
- Continuous organization planning to ensure team has optimal structure and capability to cope with evolving business needs.
- Ensure finance positions are staffed with highly capable and well-trained associates.
- Manage team effectively, ensuring all team members have well defined objectives, regular feedback, appraisals and robust development plans.
- Plan, prioritize, and supervise departmental work.
TECHNICAL SKILLS - THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF THE TOP TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED FOR THE JOB
- Full suite of financial accounting, financial analysis, and problem solving skills as they relate to providing value added and timely business and financial advice on all aspects of plant financial operations.
- Analyse and assess financial controls and reporting processes in the plants to ensure they meet Company standards; implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Analyse and interpret effectiveness of internal controls with particular reference to overheads, purchasing, costing, inventory, capital and chart of authority.
- Analyse and assess current financial acumen existing within the plants and then develop the finance knowledge and ownership in production/operations/OE teams through on-the-job interactions and formal trainings.
- Interpret company financial guidelines and how they are to be applied in the plant environment
- Directly involved in business planning and responsible for quantifying significant issues involved in the financial plan and making recommendations to management on setting and meeting financial objectives.
- Lead annual business plan process at plant level and ensure planning process conforms to overall CPS EEA process.
- As part of the management team, provide input to developing plant strategies, policies and performance targets.
- Evaluate capital investments, inventory plans and challenge business assumptions on which investments are justified.
- Evaluate current business developments, including financial risk/opportunities, and recommend to senior management what to reflect in rolling estimates and related business planning routines.
- In conjunction with SPP leads, review financial implications of monthly site production plans and recommend changes, highlight issues, and review as required.
- Import & Export Goods ideas within CPS and elsewhere within the company.
- Builds better business acumen by helping to lead the roll-out of financial related trainings in the plants.
- Participates in EEA finance and leads for Egypt benchmarking to best-in-class financial management.
- Coordinates Operational Excellence initiatives in Finance at the plants to implement end-to-end process improvements, including the services provided by GBS/GFO organizations.
- Works collaboratively with Finance leadership to optimize the MUV and PPV processes and leverage best-in-class practices across CPS.
- Total number of Finance Team Members is 4-5, including some indirect responsibility for GFO/GBS resources providing services to the India finance function.
- Responsibilities include hiring, overall performance development including goal setting, bi-annual performance reviews and rating, coaching and establishing development plans. Assignment of responsibilities to ensure overall performance of the function, appropriate level of assignment of tasks and continued associate development.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.