LOCATION:Gurugram, India - IND
JOB TYPE:FULL TIME
POST END DATE:August 7 - 2019
TRAVEL REQUIRED:00% - 25%
Drive and Influence Design across BU by delivering bold & brilliant design work, innovation, brand creation and communications. A hybrid-thinker, able to think flexibly and strategically within own design discipline as well as across other disciplines with awareness of business issues. "T-shaped" designer that has experience in own discipline but can easily stretch and perform other parts of a fluid innovation process - doing consumer research, insight analysis, ideation, concept developing, creating design principles, brand manifestos, or concept writing. Ultimately this role is about creating value for The
The GM Design leads the design process against short to longer term priorities and will devlop those by reframing strategies, products, experiences, brands, and ventures that are scalable - in close collaboration with Portfolio Leads, IMC (Integrated Marketing and Communications), R&D and Commercialization.
This position will function within a cross-discipline team - Projects may consist of a variety of communication and/or innovation challenges including, brand-led campaigns, brand-led innovation, and new products. The role will provide thought leadership and develop local market insight to ensure the design strategies and activations are as consistent as possible across all geographies and are highly resonant with consumers at a local level.
- Provide leadership at both a Group and Global level in helping to influence and realize a DESIGN Thinking culture.
- Ensuring that derived from the Business Brief, and co-partnered with other IMC and Brand teams in a joint effort, Design is developed as part of amplifying and visualizing a Core Creative / Liquid Idea across all required connection points for consumer, shopper, customer alike.
- Provides leadership and content development for cross-functional teams by providing strong direction on activities (across observation, analysis, directions, ideation, concept refinement) that will lead to strong and high-quality outputs and concepts.
- Developing and Implementing a holistic Design approach for understanding context, developing insight, exploring and visualizing business (and Design) opportunities across all areas of Design/System.
- Combining strategic ‘big thinking' with the ability to craft the ‘design detail' as well as confident ability to predict ‘what's next' in design trends.
- Have in place or ability to build, a wide reaching creative network.
- Well-versed and experienced in ethnographic research, techniques, planning. Provides design leadership around innovation analysis and synthesis, including the ability to framework, articulate definitive insights, clear design principles with clear link to ideation and idea refinement.
- Able to develop criteria and point of view on opportunity areas and prioritize accordingly.
- Has a strong capability to identify people's unmet needs and is able to articulate and deliver that into a design strategy Has the ability to visualize new design platforms / products and can effectively leverage design tools (e.g. sketching, prototypes, video etc.) to bring their vision to life.
- Able to plan and facilitate dynamic work sessions for both small and larger groups who may not be familiar with design thinking process.
- Influences with strong character as a cultural steward, providing clarity and direction in highly ambiguous and fast moving culture. Must be an articulate communicator comfortable defending ideas, enrolling business partners, educating teams on methodology, and presenting to high-level stakeholders.
- A positive and motivating leader for teams to help build a strong design culture, capabilities, and team environment
1. Drive thought leadership, build capabilities and establish an iterative Design approach across BU
- Lead, coach and develop a Design approach in BU.
- Contribute to thought-leadership and understanding of consumer and creative trends through best practice-sharing (importing and exporting of great ideas) in order to accelerate our ability to connect with consumers.
- Support the digital transformation of our business (e.g. digital on pack ideas)
- Build capabilities across BU Marketing team, expand and influence BU Marketing team in designing, formulating and bringing to life a joint Visual and Graphics Design language
2. Optimizing, Leading, challenging and coaching of Design Agencies for better synergies and productivity.
- Curate Agency Talent by sourcing strongest Design talent Globally to enable break-through thinking.
- Identify and scale best-in-class agency management routines.
- Apply and streamline agency management routines and principles across BU as well as establish agency remuneration principles according to Global Agency Management standards, in joint collaboration with BU Finance, Marketing Procurement and Global Agency Management support.
- Drive productivity of Design agency roster across BU
Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the field of communications, advertising and design with a focus on Holistic Design - Industrial Design + Graphic Design:
- Industry-respected in the area of design, solid grasp of consumer marketing and marketing communications. Extraordinary design taste
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a de-centralized organization as well as external partners.
- Strong strategic know-how, ability to translate strategic objectives into action plans.
- Experience and resilience to work in a fast paced environment, yet bringing attention to detail and ability to understand macro business challenges and propose marketing solutions that excite our system
- Great communicator - able to communicate strategically and concretely with a strong point of view with both a technical organization (e.g. R&D) and a creative marketing organization
- Ability to draw, sketch, and rapidly visualize new product ideas and complex diagrams
- Flexible and able to adapt processes and methodologies based on constraints
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels, with strong presentation skills
- Generates and communicates new ideas with a creative consciousness, has an ability to nurture ideas, and can champion experimentation.
- Can build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and project leads.
- Naturally pushes boundaries and acts as an agent of change collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Co-create and manage the creative output of agency partners.
- Confidence in selecting the appropriate agency for each project.
- The ability to navigate and direct agency in clear and timely manner.
- Be able to excel/work in a virtual environment - with virtual tools.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.