- Sumanta Datta is the Vice President, Operations,
Coca-ColaSouth West Asia.
- In his career of more than 24 years, he has worked with The
Coca-ColaCompany for about 22 years across China and India.
Coca-Colaveteran, Sumanta has held various global andregional roles in Operations and Marketing including that of Vice President - Customer & Commercial Leadership and Vice President - Sustainability initiative EAG Group in addition to Region Manager – Shanghai, East & Central China and BrandDirector, Coca-Colain both China and India.
- Sumanta is a Management Graduate from Rutgers University, New Jersey and has completed his Bachelors of Arts, Magmacum Laude from Franklin & Marshall College, Pennsylvania.
- An expert at strategy, marketing and end-to-end commercial planning, he is primarily responsible for managing operations for the India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal markets besides managing relationships with Global and National Customers as the Vice President – Operations & Customer Leadership for the business unit.
- A traveler at heart, Sumanta along with his wife and two sonslove travelling to new uncharted territories and discovering newdestinations.
- His love for adrenaline is evident from his expertise in paragliding and running half marathons in addition to which hekeep challenging himself through adventure sports like whitewater rafting.
- Though an ardent fan of the Irish rock band U2, he believes that it was the songs of Bruce Springsteen, which shaped his youth.
- With a flair for words, Sumanta prefers the written word as the perfect medium for storytelling. That however does not stop him from nursing his secret ambition of modeling for a
- He counts his meetings with Mother Teresa and Don Keough (of The
Coca-ColaCompany) amongst his personal top achievements.
- When not engrossed with work, Sumanta likes to spend his Friday evenings with a tall glass of Cucumber Spritzer which is a cocktail consisting of Sprite Zero, Kinley Soda and Monin Cucumber Flavour.